Layered Bean Dip
- 20 Minutes
- Refried Beans
- Serves 16
Grab a chip and dig into this mouth-watering dip thatâ€™s simply loaded with flavour.
- 2 cans (398 mL) Old El PasoTM Refried Beans
- 1 can (114 mL) Old El PasoTM Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 pkg (35 g) Old El PasoTM Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 jar (440 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- your favourite toppings (sliced black olives, chopped green onions or tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- Combine refried beans, seasoning mix and chilies (if using).
- Spread over the bottom of a large baking dish or platter.
- Blend avocados, lemon juice and mayonnaise until smooth. Spread on top of bean mixture.
- Top with layers of salsa, sour cream, cheese and toppings.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Add a real flavour boost by substituting Cheddar cheese with nutty provolone, creamy fontina or a deliciously sharp gouda.