- 50 Minutes Total
- 30 Servings
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). In medium bowl, mix all the ingredients except salsa and green onions. Shape into thirty 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Place in ungreased 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) rectangular baking pan.
- Bake uncovered about 15 minutes or until no longer pink in centre.
- In 2-qt (2 L) saucepan, heat salsa and meatballs to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until salsa and meatballs are hot. Sprinkle with green onions if desired. Serve hot.
- Turn the heat intensity up or down by choosing mild, medium or hot Old El Paso* Thick N'Chunky Salsa.
- Make the meatballs up to 2 hours ahead and keep them warm in a slow cooker on low heat.Variation: Use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef.