Total 50 Minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). In medium bowl, mix all the ingredients except salsa and green onions. Shape into thirty 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Place in ungreased 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) rectangular baking pan.
- Bake uncovered about 15 minutes or until no longer pink in centre.
- In 2-qt (2 L) saucepan, heat salsa and meatballs to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until salsa and meatballs are hot. Sprinkle with green onions if desired. Serve hot.
- Turn the heat intensity up or down by choosing mild, medium or hot Old El Paso* Thick N'Chunky Salsa.
- Make the meatballs up to 2 hours ahead and keep them warm in a slow cooker on low heat.Variation: Use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.