Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 15 Minutes
- Serves 2
- Sandwiches & Wraps
With a trio of prepared ingredients, this twist on a classic sandwich is fun and easy.
- 4 slices white or whole grain bread
- 4 slices thick processed cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Old El PasoTM Taco Seasoning Mix (from 1 35 g pkg)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
Heat griddle to 350ºF or heat large skillet over medium heat. Top 2 slices of the bread each with 2 slices cheese; cover with remaining bread.
- In small bowl, mix butter and taco seasoning mix. Spread half of mixture on one side of each sandwich.
- Place sandwiches, buttered sides down, on hot griddle. Spread top sides with remaining butter mixture. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted. Serve with salsa as a dip.