Pickle in the Middle Roll-ups
Total Time 35 Minutes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced fat spreadable cream cheese
- 1 Old El Paso* Large Flour Tortilla (from 8 count package)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 petite whole kosher dill pickles
- Spread cream cheese evenly over tortilla. Sprinkle carrots and Cheddar cheese evenly over cream cheese.
- Place pickles, end to end, about 1 inch from one edge of tortilla. Starting at edge with pickles, roll up tortilla.
- Wrap tortilla in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes. (Roll-ups can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator up to 2 days.)
- To serve, cut 1/2 inch off each end of tortilla; cut into 6 bite-size pieces.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh dill weed over cream cheese for more dill flavour.
- Add 1/4 cup of your favourite veggies (along with the carrots), such as finely chopped broccoli, zucchini or radishes.