Salsa Meat Loaf
Total 1 Hours 40 Minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) Fibre 1* original cereal
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N’ Chunky Salsa
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) pepper
- 1 1/2 lb (750g) lean ground beef
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and finely crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or finely crush in food processor).
- In large bowl, stir together cereal and 1 cup salsa (mixture will be thick). Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to cereal mixture; stir until blended. Add ground beef; stir until well mixed. Press evenly in ungreased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat thermometre inserted in centre of loaf reads 160°F. Cover; let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard liquid before slicing. Serve with 1/2 cup salsa.
- For a spicier flavour, use the hot variety of Old El Paso* Thick N’ Chunky Salsa.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.