Scarecrow Taco Dip
- 20 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Old El PasoTM taco seasoning mix (from 35 g package)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El PasoTM Refried Beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped lettuce
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- Triangular-shaped tortilla chips
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese and taco seasoning mix until smooth. Spread on 10-inch plate. Spoon salsa evenly over cream cheese mixture. Reserve 4 olive slices; sprinkle remaining olives over salsa. Reserve 1/4 cup cheese; sprinkle remaining cheese over olives. Spoon beans in centre of plate; spread to 6-inch circle to resemble head of scarecrow. Sprinkle lettuce around beans.
Cut 1 tomato in half; place each half on scarecrow, cut side up, to resemble eyes. Add remaining tomato to resemble nose. Place 1 reserved olive slice on each "eye" to resemble pupil. Cut the remaining olive slices in half and arrange the pieces to resemble mouth.
Arrange tortilla chips to resemble a hat on the scarecrow's head. Arrange the reserved cheese to come out from under the hat and at the bottom of the face to resemble straw. Serve dip with tortilla chips. Store dip in refrigerator.
- Make Ahead : This dip can be made several hours ahead. Add the "hat" just before serving.