Scoop It Up Taco Dip
- 15 Minutes
- Serves 12
Gather friends around a platter of this delicious taco "dip," with ground beef, salsa, and plenty of cheese.
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) Old El PasoTM Refried Beans (any variety)
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 Old El PasoTM Hard Taco Kit or Old El PasoTM Stand N' StuffTM Taco Kit
- 1 cup (250 mL) Touch of Philadelphia Shredded Creamy Mexicana Cheese
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Break taco shells in half; arrange in single layer on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes.
- Layer lettuce, beans, seasoned ground beef, cheese, tomato and salsa on large plate. Serve with warm taco shell halves for scooping.
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in ½ cup (125 mL) water, seasoning mix (from kit) and taco sauce (from kit). Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook and stir about 5 to 7 minutes, until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Heat refried beans as directed on can.
- Touch of Philadelphia is a trademark of Kraft Foods Group Brands LLC