Scoop It Up Taco Dip
Total 15 Minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Refried Beans (any variety)
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Hard Taco Kit or Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Stand N' Stuff Taco Kit
- 1 cup (250 mL) Touch of Philadelphia Shredded Creamy Mexicana Cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Break taco shells in half; arrange in single layer on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes.
- Layer lettuce, beans, seasoned ground beef, cheese, tomato and salsa on large plate. Serve with warm taco shell halves for scooping.
- Brown beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in ½ cup (125 mL) water, seasoning mix (from kit) and taco sauce (from kit). Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook and stir about 5 to 7 minutes, until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Heat refried beans as directed on can.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.