Seven Layer Bean Dip
- 10 Minutes
- Refried Beans
- Serves 6
Dig in to a delicious homemade dip. Make it by layering your favourite Mexican ingredients.
- 1 can Old El PasoTM Refried Beans
- 1 pouch Old El PasoTM Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can Old El PasoTM Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa (any variety)
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded lettuce
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) drained sliced ripe olives
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Tortilla chips, if desired
- In medium bowl, mix refried beans and taco seasoning mix. Spread mixture on large platter.
- In another medium bowl, mix cream cheese and chiles. Carefully spread over bean mixture.
- Top with salsa, lettuce, cheese, olives and tomato. Refrigerate until serving time. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Serve-With : Want dippers beyond chips? Try 1/4-inch-thick jicama slices, bell pepper pieces or zucchini slices.