Sizzling Grilled Chicken Fajitas
- 20 Minutes
- Serves 4
Have fun with these no-fuss fajitas, with chicken, spices, and vegetables cooked on the grill in easy-clean-up foil packets.
- 1 1/4 lbs (625 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 red or yellow peppers, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pouch Old El PasoTM Smart FiestaTM Reduced Sodium Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water
- 1 pkg (8 large) Old El PasoTM Smart FiestaTM made with Whole Grain Tortillas
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
- No fat sour cream (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- Shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa (optional)
- In large bowl combine chicken, peppers, onion, seasoning mix and water
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 4 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy duty foil. Place 1/4 of chicken and vegetables on centre of each sheet. Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal. Cut another sheet of foil; wrap tortillas securely in foil.
- Place packets on grill over medium heat. Cook chicken and vegetables 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centre and vegetables are crisp-tender. Cook tortillas 2 to 3 minutes or until warm. Open foil carefully to allow hot steam to escape.
- Serve each chicken and vegetable packet with 2 tortillas. If desired, top tortillas with shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese and salsa.
- Oven Directions: Heat oven to 425ºF. Prepare step 1. Prepare tortilla packet as directed above. Place on baking sheet. Bake chicken and vegetable packets 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centre and vegetables are crisp-tender. Bake tortillas 3 to 5 minutes or until warm. Serve as directed above.
- Tip : Serve these fajitas with frosty margaritas.