Slow Cooker Chipotle Pork Roast
Total 6 Hours 25 Minutes
- 1 pouch Old El Paso* Chili Seasoning Mix
- 9 small unpeeled red potatoes, quartered
- 3 small sweet potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 1 medium onion, cut into 3/4-inch wedges (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (2 1/2 tp 3 lb/1.25 to 1.5 kg)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 can (384 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 canned chipotle chile in abodo sauce, finely chopped (about 1/2 tablespoon) (from 200 g can)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) cornstarch
- Spray 5- to 6- quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, mix chili seasoning mix, potatoes, sweet potatoes and onion to bowl; stir to coat. Place vegetables in slow cooker.
- Remove netting from pork. Rub oil over pork; roll in spices in bowl to cover. Place pork over vegetables. Pour tomato sauce, tomatoes and chopped chile over pork and vegetables.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove pork and vegetables from cooker; cover to keep warm. Pour sauce from cooker into 3-quart saucepan. In small bowl, mix water and cornstarch; stir into sauce. Cook over high heat 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Serve sauce with pork and vegetables.
- Make sure the potatoes are mostly covered with the liquid to prevent browning.
- Feel free to use whatever kind of potatoes you have on hand- just make sure they are cut to the same size to ensure doneness.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.