Slow Cooker Mexican Pork
- Serves 6
Slow down the kitchen frenzy with a hearty black bean and pork dish.
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 can Old El Paso* Chopped Green Chiles, drained
- 1 can (540 mL/19 FL oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix pork, salsa and chiles.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in beans. Cover; cook on Low heat setting about 5 minutes or until beans are hot. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Substitution : Vary the taste by using pinto beans instead of black beans and Cheddar cheese instead of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Special Touch : Serve over hot cooked rice or tortilla chips. Top with a dollop of guacamole or sour cream.