Slow Cooker Mexican Pork
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 can Old El Paso* Chopped Green Chiles, drained
- 1 can (540 mL/19 FL oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix pork, salsa and chiles.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in beans. Cover; cook on Low heat setting about 5 minutes or until beans are hot. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Vary the taste by using pinto beans instead of black beans and Cheddar cheese instead of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or tortilla chips. Top with a dollop of guacamole or sour cream.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.