Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork Tacos
- Serves 8
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed
- 1 pkg Old El PasoTM taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lime juice
- 1 pkg Old El PasoTM taco shells (12 shells)
- ¾ cup (175 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) shredded lettuce
- ¾ cup (175 mL) chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sour cream
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
Spray 3 to 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place pork in slow cooker; sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until pork pulls apart easily with fork.
Remove pork from slow cooker; shred pork. Stir into liquid in slow cooker. Stir in pineapple and lime juice.
To serve, divide pork among taco shells (about ¼ cup/50 mL each), and top with remaining ingredients.
Use bottled lime juice from the grocery section of the supermarket; itâ€™s more economical than using fresh.
When fresh pineapple is in season and budget friendly, use it instead of the canned pineapple.