So Simple Salsa Dip
- 10 Minutes
- Serves 8
Salsa's great served alone with chips, but mixing and heating it with cream cheese makes a wonderfully warm dip!
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat cream cheese and salsa over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cream cheese is melted.
- Keep warm in heatproof dish. Serve with chips.
How To: Vary the amount of "heat" in this dip by purchasing mild, medium or hot salsa. How To: This dip is easy to microwave. Place cream cheese and salsa in 1-quart microwavable casserole. Microwave uncovered on High 3 to 5 minutes, stirring every minute, until cheese is melted. Special Touch: Make this appetizer colourful for the holidays. Surround the dip with red and green tortilla chips.