Southwestern Chicken Taco Salad
Total 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 pkg (340 g) romaine and leaf lettuce salad blend
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 lb (250 g) cooked skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced black olives
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Old El PasoTM Taco Seasoning Mix (from 35 g pkg)
- Tortilla chips, coarsely crumbled (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients with wire whisk until well blended.
- In large bowl, mix salad ingredients except tortilla chips. Add dressing; toss until coated. Sprinkle with tortilla chips, if desired.
- Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese can be used instead of the Mexican blend cheese.
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half, can be used instead of quartered plum tomatoes.