Southwestern Turkey Soup
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed, peeled, cooked butternut squash
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cooked turkey or chicken
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Refried Black Beans
- 1 package Old El PasoTM Smart Fiestaᵀᴹ Reduced Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat; add bell peppers. Cook 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peppers are almost crisp-tender. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent sticking to bottom of pan. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to blend flavours.
- Cut-up, ready-to-cook squash can be found in the produce section of many grocery stores and club stores during the fall and winter.
- Are you using leftover cooked squash that's already mashed? Simply stir it in with other ingredients for a thicker soup.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.