Sweet and Spicy Beans and Rice
- 15 Minutes Total
- 6 Servings
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked instant white rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped red onion
- cans (each 14 FL oz/398 mL) baked beans
- 1 can Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 pouch Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese, if desired
- Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; cook and stir 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Add beans, chiles and taco seasoning mix; mix well. Cook just until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked rice; mix well. Spoon into serving dish. Serve with sour cream and cheese.