Sweet and Spicy Beef Fajitas
- 15 Minutes
- Serves 8
A clever blend of seasonings gives these quick-cook fajitas sizzle!
- 1 3/4 lbs (875 g) beef boneless sirloin steak
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa (any variety)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) low sodium ketchup
- 1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 25 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 pkg (8 large) Old El PasoTM Smart FiestaTM made with Whole Grain Tortillas
- Low fat sour cream, if desired
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Chopped tomato, if desired
- Cut beef into beef strips. (Beef is easier to cut if partially frozen, about 1 1/2 hours.)
- Heat large skillet or wok over high heat. Add oil; rotate skillet to coat side.
- Add beef; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown; drain. Stir in salsa, ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Serve in tortillas with remaining ingredients.
- Success : Flour tortillas are easier to fold and less likely to tear when they're warm. Simply wrap tortillas in a clean dish towel or cover with paper towels, and microwave on High for 10 to 15 seconds or until just warm.