Sweet and Spicy Beef Fajitas
Total 15 Minutes
- 1 3/4 lbs (875 g) beef boneless sirloin steak
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa (any variety)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) low sodium ketchup
- 1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 25 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 pkg (8 large) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Smart Fiestaᵀᴹ made with Whole Grain Tortillas
- Low fat sour cream, if desired
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Chopped tomato, if desired
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired
- Cut beef into beef strips. (Beef is easier to cut if partially frozen, about 1 1/2 hours.)
- Heat large skillet or wok over high heat. Add oil; rotate skillet to coat side.
- Add beef; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown; drain. Stir in salsa, ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Serve in tortillas with remaining ingredients.
- Flour tortillas are easier to fold and less likely to tear when they're warm.
- Simply wrap tortillas in a clean dish towel or cover with paper towels, and microwave on High for 10 to 15 seconds or until just warm.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.