Sweet and Zesty Meatballs with Peppers
Total 40 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grape jelly
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 375ºF. In large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients; blend well. Shape into 1-inch meatballs; place in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375ºF for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned and thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine salsa and grape jelly; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add cooked meatballs and bell peppers. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.