Sweet and Zesty Meatballs with Peppers
- 40 Minutes Total
- 60 Servings
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grape jelly
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 375ºF. In large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients; blend well. Shape into 1-inch meatballs; place in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375ºF for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned and thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine salsa and grape jelly; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add cooked meatballs and bell peppers. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm.