- 30 Minutes
- Serves 16
Kids love creating their own Taco Pizzas! Cook pizzas in oven in batches. While one pan is baking the next batch of masterpieces is being created.
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) lean ground beef
- 1 pouch (35 g) Old El PasoTM Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 pkg (297 g) Old El PasoTM 12 Medium Flour Tortillas
- assorted pizza toppings: sliced mushrooms, olives, chopped green pepper, chopped tomato etc.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Colby)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Stir in Taco Seasoning Mix and Salsa. Heat until well blended and bubbly.
- Place tortillas on baking sheets. Divide beef mixture between shells, spreading to edges. Top with pizza toppings as desired. Sprinkle about 2 tbsp (25 mL) cheese over each pizza.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until cheese has melted and edges are golden brown.
- Tip: Try spreading a thin layer of Old El Paso Refried Beans* over top of the pizza crust before adding ground beef.