- 35 Minutes
- Serves 12
Refried beans add flavour, texture and extra fibre too!
- 1 can (14fl oz/398 mL) Old El PasoTM Refried Beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 lb lean (500 g) ground beef
- 2 tsp (10mL) chili powder
- Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa or Taco Sauce
- Toppings (shredded lettuce and cheese, chopped tomato, sour cream, etc.)
- 1 pkg (12 count) Old El PasoTM Taco Shells
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine 1 cup (250 mL) refried beans with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the salsa. Spoon about 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the bean mixture into the bottom of each taco shell.
- Stand filled taco shells upright in a 13x9 inch (23x33 cm) baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes until heated through.
- Brown ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat; drain. Stir in remaining refried beans and salsa, chili powder and 1/4 cup (50 mL) water.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes until thickened. Fill the heated shells with beef filling, taco sauce or salsa and toppings. Serve immediately.
- Tip: For a lighter but just as delicious option, try substituting ground turkey or chicken in place of beef.
- Touch of Philadelphia is a trademark of Kraft Foods Group Brands LLC