Black Beans in Boo Bowls
Total 15 Minutes
- 3 large oranges
- 1 1/2 cans (540 mL/ 19 oz liq) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- Using small paring knife, make zigzag cut around center of each orange, cutting orange in half; pull halves apart. Using grapefruit spoon or small paring knife, remove orange segments; place in resealable food-storage plastic bag, and save for another use.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat beans and salsa over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until hot. Spoon bean mixture into orange shells.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheese on top of each. Place on microwaveable plate; microwave on High 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
- Try using Montery Jack or Pepper Jack cheese in place of the Cheddar cheese.