Total Time 20 Minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El Paso Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) Spicy Chili Beans, undrained (or pinto beans)
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can or bottle (12 oz) light beer with lime
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ 40% less-sodium taco seasoning mix
- Multigrain tortilla chips, if desired
- Chopped avocado, if desired
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix chicken, onions, chili beans, corn, black beans, beer, tomatoes and taco seasoning mix.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 hours or until hot. Serve with tortilla chips; garnish with avocado and cilantro.
- Recipe Variation: For vegetarian chili, omit the beef and add an additional can of chili beans.
- Serving Suggestion: Cook a batch of skillet cornbread in a cast iron pan over the fire to serve with this easy chili. Look for a packaged cornbread mix that requires minimal added ingredients.
- Camping Tip: Cook the ground beef at home; drain it and place it in a plastic bag in the freezer. Toss the bag of frozen meat in the cooler and use it like an ice pack. When you're ready to prepare the chili, combine and cook the meat with the other ingredients.