- 20 Minutes
- Serves 4
- Soups & Chilis
Dinner ready in just 20 minutes! Enjoy this mouth-watering and easy beef chili made using Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa.
- 1 lb (500 g) ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) Spicy Chili Beans, undrained (or pinto beans)
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- In large saucepan, brown ground beef; drain.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Recipe Variation: For vegetarian chili, omit the beef and add an additional can of chili beans.
Serving Suggestion: Cook a batch of skillet cornbread in a cast iron pan over the fire to serve with this easy chili. Look for a packaged cornbread mix that requires minimal added ingredients.
- Camping Tip: Cook the ground beef at home; drain it and place it in a plastic bag in the freezer. Toss the bag of frozen meat in the cooler and use it like an ice pack. When you're ready to prepare the chili, combine and cook the meat with the other ingredients.