Chicken Manicotti Olé
- 1 Hour 20 Minutes
- Serves 10
Italian pasta gets twisted into a tasty Mexican-flavored chicken dish!
- 10 uncooked manicotti
- 1 lb (500 g) ground chicken or turkey
- 1 (440 mL) jar Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa (about 2 cups)
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook manicotti to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, combine ground chicken, 3/4 cup of the salsa, 3/4 cup of the beans, garlic powder and pepper; mix well. In small bowl, combine remaining salsa and beans; mix well. Cover; reserve for topping.
- Stuff manicotti with chicken mixture. Arrange in sprayed baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Uncover. Top with reserved salsa mixture and cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and cheese is melted.