Chili Crusted Chicken with Salsa Mop Sauce
Total 45 Minutes
- 6 whole chicken legs
- 1 pkg (39 g) Old El Paso* Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 jar (650 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Trim excess fat and skin from chicken legs. Place chili seasoning mix in a shallow dish and coat each chicken leg on all sides, shaking off excess.
- In a glass bowl or measuring cup, stir together salsa and cilantro; set aside.
- Grill chicken over medium coals for 30 to 35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning often to prevent excessive blackening and flare-ups.
- Place grilled chicken on a serving platter and spoon sauce over top. Garnish with additional fresh cilantro if desired."
- Serve with grilled garlic bread to 'mop' up the salsa and a green salad for an al fresco dinner — finish off with fresh fruit and sorbet for dessert.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.