Chili Crusted Chicken with Salsa Mop Sauce
Total 45 Minutes
- 6 whole chicken legs
- 1 pkg (39 g) Old El Paso* Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 jar (650 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Trim excess fat and skin from chicken legs. Place chili seasoning mix in a shallow dish and coat each chicken leg on all sides, shaking off excess.
- In a glass bowl or measuring cup, stir together salsa and cilantro; set aside.
- Grill chicken over medium coals for 30 to 35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning often to prevent excessive blackening and flare-ups.
- Place grilled chicken on a serving platter and spoon sauce over top. Garnish with additional fresh cilantro if desired."
- Serve with grilled garlic bread to 'mop' up the salsa and a green salad for an al fresco dinner — finish off with fresh fruit and sorbet for dessert.