Inside-Out Taco Salad Wraps
Wrap up traditional taco fillings in a lettuce leaf for a handheld taco salad.
30 Minutes Total
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) peach preserves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) liquid smoke (if desired)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) diced peeled jicama
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef, cooked, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El PasoTM Taco Sauce
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 large leaves Bibb lettuce, rinsed, patted dry with paper towels
- In small bowl, mix all dipping sauce ingredients; set aside. In another small bowl, mix jicama with 1 teaspoon of the lime juice. In third small bowl, mix avocado with remaining teaspoon lime juice. Heat taco sauce with cooked ground beef in microwave, until hot.
- On large serving platter, layer crushed chips, warm taco sauce with ground beef, jicama, avocado, onions, olives and cheese. Sprinkle cilantro over top. On large plate, arrange lettuce leaves.
- To serve, spoon about 1/3 cup layered fillings onto each lettuce leaf; wrap lettuce around filling. Serve with dipping sauce.
- No peach preserves? Apricot preserves makes a yummy stand-in.