Mashed Potatoes Ole
Total 20 Minutes
- 1 box Betty Crockerᵀᴹ Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) hot water
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) canned French-fried onions
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Salsa (any variety)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sliced ripe olives or Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Chopped Green Chilies, if desired
- Sour cream, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Make potatoes as directed on package for 2 pouches (8 servings), using hot water, milk and margarine. Stir in 3/4 cup of the onions.
- Spread mixture in ungreased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Spread salsa over cheese. Top with olives and remaining onions.
- Bake uncovered 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are golden. Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
- Choose the salsa that fits your family's taste, from extra mild to hot.
- A 2-quart baking dish can be an 8-inch square glass dish or a glass or ceramic 2-quart casserole.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.