Mashed Potatoes Ole
- 20 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1 box Betty Crockerᵀᴹ Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) hot water
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) canned French-fried onions
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Salsa (any variety)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sliced ripe olives or Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Chopped Green Chilies, if desired
- Sour cream, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Make potatoes as directed on package for 2 pouches (8 servings), using hot water, milk and margarine. Stir in 3/4 cup of the onions.
- Spread mixture in ungreased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Spread salsa over cheese. Top with olives and remaining onions.
- Bake uncovered 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are golden. Serve with sour cream and cilantro.
- Choose the salsa that fits your family's taste, from extra mild to hot.
- A 2-quart baking dish can be an 8-inch square glass dish or a glass or ceramic 2-quart casserole.