Mexican Breakfast Wraps
Total 20 Minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped green pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) fat-free egg product
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) skim milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) pepper
- 1/2 pkg (8 large) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Smart Fiestaᵀᴹ made with Whole Grain Tortillas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onions; cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- In medium bowl, mix egg product, milk, salt and pepper until well blended. Spray vegetables and skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Pour egg product mixture over vegetables; cook until set, occasionally stirring gently.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas as directed on package.
- To serve, place warm tortillas on individual plates. Spoon scrambled egg mixture down centre of each tortilla. Top each with cheese and salsa. Roll up tortillas.
- Choline, a vitamin-like substance, is necessary to make a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine, which helps send nerve impulses from cell to cell. Eggs are a source of choline.