Mexican Macaroni Salad
- 1 Hour
- Serves 10
Spice and lime flavor this crowd-pleasing meatless salad.
- 6 cups (1.5 L) uncooked rotini pasta (1 lb/ 500 g)
- 1 to 2 tbsp (15-25 mL) grated lime peel (from 2 medium limes)
- 3 to 4 tbsp (45-60 mL) lime juice (from 2 medium limes)
- 1 cup (250 mL) ranch dressing
- 1 pouch Old El PasoTM Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped cilantro
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (including tops)
- 1 can (19 oz/ 540 mL) red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted large ripe olives, cut in half
- 1 can Old El PasoTM Chopped Green Chilies, drained
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain well.
- Meanwhile, grate peel from limes; place in small bowl. Squeeze juice from limes; add to peel in bowl. Stir in dressing and taco seasoning mix. Stir avocado into dressing mixture.
In large serving bowl, toss pasta with all remaining ingredients. Pour dressing mixture over salad; toss gently to mix. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving to blend flavours.