Mexican Macaroni Salad
Total 1 Hours
- 6 cups (1.5 L) uncooked rotini pasta (1 lb/ 500 g)
- 1 to 2 tbsp (15-25 mL) grated lime peel (from 2 medium limes)
- 3 to 4 tbsp (45-60 mL) lime juice (from 2 medium limes)
- 1 cup (250 mL) ranch dressing
- 1 pouch Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped cilantro
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (including tops)
- 1 can (19 oz/ 540 mL) red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted large ripe olives, cut in half
- 1 can Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Chopped Green Chilies, drained
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain well.
- Meanwhile, grate peel from limes; place in small bowl. Squeeze juice from limes; add to peel in bowl. Stir in dressing and taco seasoning mix. Stir avocado into dressing mixture.
- In large serving bowl, toss pasta with all remaining ingredients. Pour dressing mixture over salad; toss gently to mix. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving to blend flavours.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.