Mexican Macaroni Salad
- 1 Hours Total
- 10 Servings
- 6 cups (1.5 L) uncooked rotini pasta (1 lb/ 500 g)
- 1 to 2 tbsp (15-25 mL) grated lime peel (from 2 medium limes)
- 3 to 4 tbsp (45-60 mL) lime juice (from 2 medium limes)
- 1 cup (250 mL) ranch dressing
- 1 pouch Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped cilantro
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (including tops)
- 1 can (19 oz/ 540 mL) red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted large ripe olives, cut in half
- 1 can Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Chopped Green Chilies, drained
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain well.
- Meanwhile, grate peel from limes; place in small bowl. Squeeze juice from limes; add to peel in bowl. Stir in dressing and taco seasoning mix. Stir avocado into dressing mixture.
- In large serving bowl, toss pasta with all remaining ingredients. Pour dressing mixture over salad; toss gently to mix. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving to blend flavours.