Pulled Pork Fajitas
Total 20 Minutes
- 1 pork boneless loin roast (2 1/2 lb), trimmed of fat
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Old El Paso Smart Fiestaᵀᴹ Reduced Sodium Fajita Seasoning (from 35 g pouch)
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 pkgs (8 large each) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Smart Fiestaᵀᴹ made with Whole Grain Tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup (250 mL) low fat sour cream, if desired
- Place pork in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with fajita seasoning. Top with salsa. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred pork using 2 forks; return pork to cooker and mix well. Stir in vegetables. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 30 minutes longer or until mixture is hot and vegetables are tender.
- Using slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup meat mixture in each warm tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sour cream.
- Leftover shredded pork can be stored two days in the refrigerator or up to two months in the freezer.
- Look for fajita seasoning in the spice section of the grocery store.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.