Pulled Pork Fajitas
Total 20 Minutes
- 1 pork boneless loin roast (2 1/2 lb), trimmed of fat
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Old El Paso Smart Fiestaᵀᴹ Reduced Sodium Fajita Seasoning (from 35 g pouch)
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 pkgs (8 large each) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Smart Fiestaᵀᴹ made with Whole Grain Tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup (250 mL) low fat sour cream, if desired
- Place pork in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with fajita seasoning. Top with salsa. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork from cooker; place on cutting board. Shred pork using 2 forks; return pork to cooker and mix well. Stir in vegetables. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 30 minutes longer or until mixture is hot and vegetables are tender.
- Using slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup meat mixture in each warm tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sour cream.
- Leftover shredded pork can be stored two days in the refrigerator or up to two months in the freezer.
- Look for fajita seasoning in the spice section of the grocery store.