Taco Beef Burgers
Bite into this mouth-watering Mexican inspired burger and experience a â€œfiestaâ€ of flavours!
25 Minutes Total
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) lean ground beef
- 1 pkg (35 g) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Medium Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 6 slices processed Cheddar, Swiss or mozzarella cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Medium Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- Combine beef, seasoning mix, salsa, breadcrumbs and egg. Form into 6 patties, each 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) thick.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Grill burgers 6 to 7 minutes, flip and cook another 6 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Top with cheese during last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking. Serve on buns with additional salsa.
- Try substituting aged Cheddar cheese for processed Cheddar as it delivers exceptionally more flavour.
- Try mixing shredded Cheddar directly into your patty mixture for an unexpected flavour sensation.