Taco-Seasoned Chicken Salad with Crispy Tortilla Topping
Total 30 Minutes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Smart Fiestaᵀᴹ made with Whole Grain Tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 pouch Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Smart Fiestaᵀᴹ Reduced Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 4 cups (1 L) mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped onion
- 1 can (19 fl oz/ 540 mL) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) low fat ranch dressing
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- In large skillet, heat 1 tsp of the oil over medium-high heat. Add tortilla strips; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp and golden brown. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- To same skillet, add remaining 1 tsp oil and the chicken; cook and stir over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink in centre. Stir in taco seasoning and water; cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, gently toss salad greens, tomato, onion, beans and dressing. Spoon salad mixture onto individual serving plates.
- Arrange chicken over salad; sprinkle with cheese and tortilla strips. Serve with salsa.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.