Tex-Mex Layered Dip
Total Time 20 Minutes
- 1 can (398 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Refried Beans or 1 can (540 mL/ 19 fl oz) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) guacamole
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Tortilla chips, if desired
- Multigrain tortilla chips, if desired
- Chopped avocado, if desired
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired
- Mix refried beans or black beans with salsa in small bowl. Spoon into 10-inch (25 cm) circle on 12-inch (30 cm) platter.
- Spoon sour cream over beans, leaving about 1-inch (2.5 cm) border of beans around edge. Spread guacamole over sour cream, leaving border of sour cream showing.
- Sprinkle with cheese, tomato and onions over guacamole. Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 6 hours. Serve with tortilla chips if desired.