Tex-Mex Salsa Lasagna
Let your taste buds do the hat dance with this packed-with-a-punch lasagna. Olé!
1 Hour 20 Minutes Total
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground red chiles
- 1 container (450 g) ricotta cheese
- 1 jar (650 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- Cook beef, onion, cilantro and red chilies in large skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Place 5 of the noodles in bottom of ungreased rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Layer with 1 1/2 cups of the beef mixture, 1 cup of the ricotta cheese and 1 1/4 cups of the salsa. Repeat with remaining noodles, beef mixture, ricotta cheese and salsa. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until hot. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- Cover unbaked lasagna tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate up to 24 hours or freeze up to two months. Before baking frozen lasagna, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Refrigerated lasagna will need about 10 minutes extra baking time.
- Accompany lasagna with a frosty glass of lemonade garnished with slices of lemons or limes.