Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Old El Paso Hard & Soft dinner kit, warmed as per directions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup contiga cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- Green cabbage, shredded
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
Pickled onions ingredients:
- 1 Red onion
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine Old El Paso kit seasoning, soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon canola oil, garlic, cumin and parsley.
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce mixture and steak; marinate for meat for 1 hour in freezer bag, turning the bag occasionally.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and marinade, and cook, stirring often, until steak has browned and marinade has reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Heat tortillas and shells as per directed on the box.
- Once steak has cooled, sliced into bite size pieces.
- Serve steak in tortillas, topped with red onion, shredded green cabbage, cilantro, contiga cheese and lime.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and enjoy!