Chili in the Oven
Everyone loves a great bowl of chili while watching the big game. Salsa, rice & cheese give a new spin to this oven-baked version! You can assemble ahead of time and refrigerate - just add 10 minutes to the first bake time.
50 Minutes Total
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 jar (650 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 pouch (39 g) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Chili Seasoning Mix
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) long grain rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 4 slices processed cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Brown beef in skillet over medium-high heat; drain.
- Add salsa, beans, water and chili seasoning mix. Bring to a boil and stir in rice.
- Spoon into a 13x19-inch (22x33 cm) baking dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded cheese. Arrange cheese slices over top of chili.
- Bake, uncovered for 5 minutes until rice is tender and cheese is melted.
- Try substituting ground chicken or turkey for a lighter yet tasty alternative.