Chili in the Oven
Total 50 Minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 jar (650 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 pouch (39 g) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Chili Seasoning Mix
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) long grain rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 4 slices processed cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Brown beef in skillet over medium-high heat; drain.
- Add salsa, beans, water and chili seasoning mix. Bring to a boil and stir in rice.
- Spoon into a 13x19-inch (22x33 cm) baking dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded cheese. Arrange cheese slices over top of chili.
- Bake, uncovered for 5 minutes until rice is tender and cheese is melted.
- Try substituting ground chicken or turkey for a lighter yet tasty alternative.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.