Fiesta Taco Salad with Beans
Here's a recipe keeper--taco salad that's ready in 20 minutes!
20 Minutes Total
- 1 can (19 FL oz/ 540 mL) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Old El Paso* Taco Sauce
- 6 cups (1.5 L) bite-sized pieces of lettuce
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) reduced-fat Thousand Island dressing
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat beans and taco sauce over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated.
- In large bowl, toss lettuce, pepper, tomatoes, olives and corn chips. Spoon bean mixture over lettuce mixture; toss. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately with dressing.
- For a heartier meal, add 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken to the salad and serve with 1/2 cup red or green grapes for a mere 3 Carbohydrate Choices.