Total 17 Minutes
- 1 jar (650 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N’ Chunky Salsa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 French baguette
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- In bowl, stir together salsa, garlic and cilantro. Set aside.
- Slice baguette into 1/2-inch (1 cm) slices and place on baking sheets. Brush one side of each slice lightly with olive oil.
- Broil baguette slices 2 inches (5 cm) from broiler for 1 minute until browned. Turn slices and toast other side. Turn slices oil-side up.
- Spoon 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the salsa mixture onto each toast slice and sprinkle each with some cheese, if desired. Refrigerate any leftover salsa. Broil 1 minute longer or until cheese has melted.
- For a touch of sophistication, replace mozzarella cheese with grilled shrimp and garnish with grated lime zest.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.