Enjoy the health benefits of lentils in a spiced-up version.
30 Minutes Total
- 2 cups (500 mL) uncooked green lentils
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 can Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 pouch Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- In large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil over high heat. Add lentils; boil 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add lentils and all remaining ingredients except cilantro; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Add cilantro; mix well. Remove from heat. If desired, serve with hot cooked brown or white rice.