Total 30 Minutes
- 2 cups (500 mL) uncooked green lentils
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1 can Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 pouch Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- In large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil over high heat. Add lentils; boil 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add lentils and all remaining ingredients except cilantro; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Add cilantro; mix well. Remove from heat. If desired, serve with hot cooked brown or white rice.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.