Cheesy Chile Rellenos Casserole
1 Hour 5 Minutes Total
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) margarine or butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped onions
- 2 cans Old El Paso* Chopped Green Chiles, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (1 to 2 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped seeded tomato
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease 8 or 9-inch square pan. Melt margarine in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Stir in green chiles. Spoon chile mixture evenly into greased pan. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- In small bowl, beat eggs slightly. Beat in sour cream and red pepper flakes. Spoon egg mixture evenly over cheeses. Sprinkle with tomato.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.