Mini Taco Salad Bowls
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 20 Minutes
- 12 Old El Paso™ mini tortilla bowls
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 package (35 g) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded lettuce
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly brush bowls with oil to coat entirely, and place on ungreased cookie sheet; bake 4 to 5 minutes or until browned on rim--bowls will get crisp as cooled. Set aside.
- In 10-inch (25 cm) nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Cook until beef is coated with seasoning, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, divide lettuce and taco meat evenly among crisped bowls; serve with Make it FRESH toppings.
- Ideas for make it FRESH toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, cooked fresh corn kernels, sliced green onions, sliced olives, sour cream, salsa, sliced avocados
- Substitute ground chicken for ground beef.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.