Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken and Pintos with Spanish Rice
- 1 1/4 pounds (625 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cans (19 FL oz/540 mL each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Chopped Green Chilis
- 2 chipotle chiles (from 200 g can) chopped
- 1 pouch (25 g) gravy mix for chicken
- 1 pkg (213 g) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Spanish Rice
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil or butter
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped tomato
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Place chicken, pinto beans, green chiles, chipotle chiles and gravy mix (dry) in order listed in 3- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, make Spanish rice mix as directed on package, using water and oil.
- Meanwhile, gently stir tomato into chicken mixture.
- To serve, spoon about 1 1/4 cups chicken mixture over 1/2 cup rice. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- If you want a hotter dish, leave the seeds in the chipotle chiles.
- Stirring in the tomato at the end gives this dish a fresh taste.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.